The college was subject to an inspection by Ofsted in February 2009. This concluded that ‘the college provides an outstanding quality of education’. This has been followed by an integrated ISI report in 2012.
Our latest integrated report said:
- The students’ academic and other achievements are excellent.
- Students make exceptionally rapid progress academically. They achieve their examination goals with resounding success.
- The college is highly successful in achieving its aims of fostering high academic outcomes and at the same time boosting students’ capacity for vigorous independent academic effort and personal organisation.
- Students develop striking strengths and confidence in a wide range of study skills.
- Students’ highly positive attitudes enable them to profit greatly from the excellent teaching that is provided across a wide range of subjects.
- The college’s curriculum is excellent in meeting a very wide range of aspirations.
- Students’ personal development is excellent. It is shaped and cultivated by the college’s excellent pastoral care system.
- Excellent relations with parents are supported by high quality arrangements to keep them informed of students’ progress.
- The excellent leadership and management of the college is shrewd in its emphasis on an ethos in which students feel valued and thrive through a worthwhile educational experience.
- The academic curriculum is excellent and is a major strength of the college.
- Students of all backgrounds and abilities present themselves as alert, attentive and keen to do well. They take a great pride in all that they do. They gladly support and encourage one another.
- Students receive excellent guidance regarding university admission. They are carefully and skilfully advised about appropriate courses and universities. In addition, there is a medical forum which thoroughly prepares students for the rigorous admission processes for medicine and related courses.
- Experienced careers advisors are available at the college for one-to-one advice.
The College is highly successful in achieving its aims of fostering high academic outcomes and at the same time boosting students’ capacity for vigorous independent academic effort and personal organisation’. The report also said ‘Teaching is excellent… The contribution of the teaching drives the students’ excellent achievement and exceptional academic progress.” Our latest integrated ISI inspection, January 2012