The students’ personal tutors and teachers provide ongoing advice about subject and university choice. In addition, our experienced careers advisors are available throughout the year to support and navigate students through the increasingly complicated UCAS process. This enables our students to feel fully prepared for university applications and to write outstanding personal statements. All our students are also encouraged to take advantage of the interview preparation offered at the college.
However, what really sets us apart is the extensive programme of seminars and talks that we host from universities admissions tutors and careers representatives, including a specialist programme for medical science degrees. All of this is with the aim of securing the right course at the desired university for our students. We give an informative talk to parents in the summer term and parents are warmly welcome to contact the College about any aspect of their son or daughter’s university application. As a result of this comprehensive programme, students have achieved an outstanding record of success in obtaining university places.
This year, 67% of our students gained entry to their first choice university. Over 64% of students placed progressed to Russell Group Universities. Students achieved places for top universities including UCL, King’s, Bristol and others for a variety of competitive courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Economics, Law, Engineering and many more.
“Students receive excellent guidance regarding university admission. They are carefully and skilfully advised about appropriate courses and universities. Experienced careers advisors are available at the college for one to one advice.” ISI Report 2012
What we provide
- The highest possible quality of support for university and higher education applications
- Expert assistance in completing applications based on a detailed knowledge of destination and course requirements
- Information and guidance on the expectations of Admissions Tutors
- Individual appointments with professional careers advisers in a dedicated office
- Specialist resources including the College’s own guide to applying to university, access to relevant computer programs and focused careers events
- On-going monitoring of all applications from encouraging initial research through to post A Level.