At Brampton College, our students experience remarkable educational success. In 2009, we were inspected by Ofsted, who deemed both the quality of education and the quality of teaching and assessment as “outstanding”. Three years later, this assessment was once again deemed “outstanding” by the Independent Schools Inspectorate and is proven by consistently fantastic A level results. Consequently, we have maintained our status as the best sixth form college in London.
In fact, the college came 3rd nationally in the Department for Education (DfE) performance table of independent sixth form colleges in 2016 and has come top of all sixth form colleges in London for the last 16 years.
Here are 2016’s headline results:
- 44% of A level results were A*/A (compared to 26% national average).
- 84% were A* – B grades (compared to 75% across independent schools and 53% national average). The vast majority of these grades are in facilitating subjects.
- 64% of students obtained at least ABB grades, the government measure of ‘good grades’ which enables entry into most top universities.
- Almost 60% of applicants have been placed at their first choice university, predominantly Russell Group.
- GCSE results this year were our best ever – 30% A* (national average 7%), 62% A*/A (21% national average), 86% A*-B (42% national average).
- The College excelled in GCSE subjects such as Geography and Art which had 100% A*/A grades, and English Literature which had 100% A*-B grades.
These outstanding achievements reflect Brampton’s position as the top sixth form college in London and are a result of our encouraging, supportive environment that aims to help each student succeed in their individual ambitions.
I’m really happy. I couldn’t sleep for a few days but I’m so relieved now. I’m off to study Medicine which has been my goal from day one!
I’ve especially valued the personal relationships you develop with teachers here at Brampton – being able to go to them whenever I needed them for questions, time management or personal guidance. They helped me beyond my academic studies.
I chose Brampton because they offered regular monitoring that other colleges don’t offer. The fortnightly reports and the one-on-ones both helped keep me on track.
More than the academic side of things, I’ve become a more confident person. Brampton teaches you to become an adult, it makes you more eager to learn. I’ve been reassured by my teachers and given a sense of self-belief I never had before”.
An amazing result of A*A*A*A for Joyce Kam who’s off to study Medicine at King’s London