A level Results 2018
- 47% A*/A grades (compared to 26% national average)
- 82% A*-B grades (compared to 53% national average)
- 67% of applicants have been placed at their first choice university, the majority at Russell Group universities
- Brampton College has come top of all sixth form colleges in London for the last 18 years. (According to the Department for Education performance tables, published in January 2019)
Brampton College has a long history of achieving outstanding A level results. The College came 3rd nationally in the Department for Education (DfE) performance table of independent sixth form colleges (published January 2018) and has come top of all sixth form colleges in London for the last 18 years. In 2018 the DfE also placed the College in the top 5% of schools and colleges in the country, for the A level Progress Score, which measures how much progress students have made from GCSE to A level – an exceptional achievement.
GCSE Results 2018
- 74% 9-7 (A*/A) versus 20% nationally
- 47% 9/8 (A*) versus 6.5% nationally (legacy)
- 17% top grade 9 versus 4% nationally
The College excelled in subjects such as English Literature which had 80% 9-7 grades, Mathematics which had 79% 9-7, and Chemistry which had 79% A*/A grades. This is an incredible outcome, and we want to say a huge congratulations to all our students.
This is the first year in which pupils have been graded by a 1-9 number system as opposed to the traditional A*-G grading. 9 is the highest and 1 the lowest. 9, 8 and 7 correspond to the current top grades of A* and A and this has been designed to give more differentiation at the top end. 9 has been awarded to fewer pupils than A* was previously.
Follow the links below to find out more information about our recent results.
Right now I feel awesome! Coming to Brampton was a great change. I instantly enjoyed the teaching and environment, including the regular testing system and small class groups. The individual attention helps you realise your potential. Definitely come to Brampton, it’s good for everyone. It focussed me on my work and I got great results – so it all paid off!
Natalyia Ashurova transferred to us from another school and has achieved an A*A*A here at Brampton